Bits

Bits
6 weeks

Monday, April 19, 2010

First Night with Bits

We got Bits April 18th from Spout Springs. He is 6 weeks old. We had a 2 hour drive to pick him up, but it was a very nice drive. When we got him home, the first thing I did was give him a bath. Just because he is a pig does not mean he has to smell! So after his bath (which I used my homemade soap) he was smelling much better. We dried him off and put him in a bed of hay in a big plastic tub in the kitchen. He slept there all night. At about 6:45 am I was awaken by a big THUMP... this was Bits getting out of the tub and going into my sons room to play! I got him back in the tub which he jumped out of again. So now he is on the porch where he can go down steps to get into a pen area. He learned to go up and down the steps very quickly.


Day 2: He escaped!!


Some how he got off the porch. We are not sure how he did this so we are hoping it will not happen again. We got him pretty easy but I know pigs are smart and he may find his way out again so we are keeping a close eye on him.

1 comment: